This Morning....
[this is the part where you scroll down to see the length of this post]
Today, I woke up and the first thing I read was Yahoo! News' report of the shooting at Virginia Tech. TIME said it was the deadliest shooting in U.S history. There were a few concerns and criticisms about how the college handled the emergency situation. The students were complaining that they were not effectively warned and the only notice they got was an email, two hours after the shooting, and at the time the emails were sent, there was a second shooting going on. There were no announcement or anything...33 people were killed, not all of them were students. In the end, the gunman commited suicide. It sounds like a movie somehow, but of course in this modern era, as Nike said, "Nothing is impossible" NST reported that Malaysian students at Virginia Tech are safe.
If we apply that "Nothing is impossible" statement in a more positive fashion, it might get us thinking in a different perceptive...namely, the Israel-Palestine conflict, Sudan's Darfur conflict and a few other dilemma and dramas that are being aired everyday in our evening news and discussed forever during the late-night talks on our televisions. If we keep on thinking then we will come to a point when you just can't help screaming, "Is it really true that nothing is impossible?" The answer is yes, doing nothing is totally definitely hontou ni seriously wallahi correctively i.m.p.o.s.s.i.b.l.e [with that said, here we go~ banzai!]
It is an established fact that even when you are standing still, you are still moving because the earth never stops orbiting the sun and the whole universe never stops growing. So, seriously, you can never stop doing something; even when you are just standing still while being pulled by the force of gravity. Then, while you are standing still, why don't you start doing something else instead? Instead of engulfing yourself with self-pity and going crazy thinking how the hell can they leave dirty dishes in the bloody sink [oops~] why don't you start thinking about how can you do something that means everything. Meaning, searching for something that you can contribute to the people around you that maybe are suffering more than you.
I am not saying that I never pity myself for being who I am and neither am I a hypocrite to say that I always think for the better good and sacrifice myself for others. For the readers of this blog are my very friends who know me better than myself. But, just trying to keep myself focused, I try to find new things and read about them in details [if I am in the mood] or get an overview of the whole idea [TIME, BBC and alJazeera are my favourite] because this world is not made up of you and me only. There are 'them', 'him', 'her' and 'it'. 'All of them', 'all of us' and 'we'. 'Some of them', 'some of us' and 'a part of me'.
The fact that Nike can use "Nothing is impossible" with such pleasure and got a few cool people to actually voice them out is kinda sugoi because the Dafur conflict is already 4 years old, the last Israel-Palestine peace talk got nowhere and Iraq just got bloodier. To think that there is a hawker stall with a sexy woman dancing on the table top in our beloved country while Najib is talking about changing the way they are handling smart schools, is just somehow impossible once upon a time ago but now we are seeing it with our own eyes. Not forgetting, Palestinian's economy is breaking down and the not-so-stupid Americans are talking about invading Korea in Youtube. [and did I mention they thought that Israelis are muslims and no one answered USA when they were asked for a country that begins with a letter U?] If only Nike was some kinda non-profit organization where they are fighting for human's rights...
With all the said and done, yeah~ nothing is impossible! So applying this statement into this messy life of mine, I am thinking, this is the part where I end this bloody long post and return to the already-open Physiology textbook beside me before Dayah comes in and ask about the notes that I am supposed to be doing at this time, while being oblivious of the fact that history was made today when 33 people died in Virginia. Nothing is impossible, afterall.
Comments