raya haji~
yeah it's that time of the year again when the students studying at Arab countries get a week long holiday to celebrate the arrival of 10th Zulhijjah...haha. As for my friends and me @ Mansoura University, our holiday is until Tuesday only. Hmm~ I wonder why too!! I mean, we are supposed to have a very very nice & long holiday, too!! Dr Berika's lecture on embryology is scheduled on Wednesday at 8am and a few other extra classes; including my favourite doctor: Dr Khaled~~~ yeay2!! So I don't mind having my holiday cut short *clears throat*
yeah~ 'twas a very very nice raya!! I spent 3 days at Cairo with my sister and there was a guest from Jordan: Kak Shud! Raya Haji was on Saturday and we went to ARMA (Asrama Rumah Melayu Abbasiah aka Malaysian Hall) Then we went to a super senior's house, Kak Bah, who is currently having her finals (she is a 6th year medical student, about to graduate, at Azhar) After finishing a bowl of beehoon soup, we headed for Mr Usamah's house, where we met Husin; a boy of 5/6 who can speak 4 languages (Malay, French, Arab, English)...yeah~ that is one of the advantages you get, growing up at a foreign country. Next on the list was visiting Kak Mar who just gave birth to her second child, Amniyah~ very very cute!!!!! I got stomach cramps so after that I headed home with my sis & kak Ell...huhu~ and slept. Haha...
^[the table was laden with lots of Raya treats]^
Another interesting event on Raya Haji is Ahly vs Zamalek~ Ahly won 2-1...hehe
And of course, Saddam Hussein's execution...watched the vid on the evening news.
The next day, which was a Sunday had us going to Hayyu 'Ashir to kak Wani's house. Sofi is very very adorable~ I managed to lull him to sleep by swinging him from side to side while standing...my hands ached after that. Hahaha...we headed to Kelantan's Student House for the qurban feast with kak Wani! The camel was good...and the sambal was HoT! I shared a dish with my sis; did not feel like stuffing myself up. Felt kinda out of place because everyone there was talking with the Kelantan dialect, honestly! Everyone knows I am very very slow in these kinda stuff; understanding Malay language spoken thru another dialect...kih3~
The most amazing thing I did was of course buying a new handphone!!!! Hahaha...felt oh-so-happy!!! Samsung SGH-X660... cool enough for me. As for a more 'bombastic' phone, I'll just wait till I get to Malaysia so I can ask my dad to buy one for me...*evil laugh*

not forgetting: a very very happy birthday to Yam!!!!
^[me having fun with Yam @ Hardee's...yeah I'll upload her pic later kah3]^

Comments