el laberinto del fauno
[pan's labyrinth]


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
it's been awhile since I have done this kinda thing: talking about a movie I watched~ yeay2!! With the Golden Globe just around the corner [15th January], the Oscar nominees' announcement which will be held on the 23rd January and finally the grandest event of the year: 79th Oscar Academy Awards...~ nope, I'm not going to tell you all about it, don't worry ^__~

anYwaYs~ this film; Pan's Labyrinth, I watched it last night and it captivated me just like a book. Yeah, I get captivated by a book more than a film most of the time. Except for LOTR; which I went crazy with the book as well as the film, such an amazing masterpiece...ok, ok enough. Pan's Labyrinth is not exactly a fairytale, even when it has a princess, a fawn & a few fairies which got eaten [oops~] it is a story set in Spain, during the wars, revolving around a girl named Efolia, who came to the countryside with her mother, who married Captain Vidal and was pregnant with his child. At the countryside, Captain Vidal was battling the guerillas and nah, he is not the die-for-the-country's-honour kinda captain neither is he an honourable and respected soldier. He is actually a cruel, heartless and arrogant man. Yep, I don't know why Efolia's mother married him, too...LOL~


So, Captain Vidal believes that a son should be born where the father is, that is why he made his beloved wife travel all the way from the city to the god forsaken countryside. Efolia found an old labyrinth when she came here so that is where it all started. She followed a fairy into the labyrinth and she met a faun at its center; who told her she is actually a princess of the underworld and she had to finish 3 tasks before the moon is full; put 3 stones into a monstrous toad's mouth, get a dagger before the last grain of sand falls and the last one you have to see the movie for yourself...wahaha~
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Look, the movie is not just about Efolia and her fairytale [cuz if it is, then I wouldn't be writing about it here...] it is like, 2 stories in one movie. The other is about the captain's war, the guerillas fight for living and an 'informer inside the mill'. Yeah, it's a story about courage and hopes and dreams; those sorta thing but it's amazing!!! By the end of the story, you will feel something like...should I cry or laugh? Should I be happy with this ending or should I be sad? Was that for real? I mean, it makes you want to watch it all over again, believe me. The computer effect is cool, it looks real and the girl can really act. Okay~ enough already! Just watch it. full stop. [but I kinda have deja vu at some parts of the movie...especially about this guy down here]
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

**currently in an Oscar mood, downloading movies like crazy**

Comments

Popular Posts