051106


This blog is beginning to look a lot like a film critic's blog or something. It makes me look like a film addict and that my life revolves around films that I watch. Whatever it is~ I just finished watching 'Finding Neverland'!!!!! 5* totally~ It is such an amazing story that is something like a love story minus the romantic, lovey-dovey usual stuff. It begins with a man, Mr Barrie, who is a playwright. This guy is a man that never seems to grow up; who lives in endless fantasies and he has an urge to escape the hectic life of adult. He meets a family, Kate Winslet plays Mrs Davies; who is a widow with 4 boys...one of them is Peter; who is trying hard to grow up and as Mr Barrie cleverly put it' "He is growing up too fast." Prepare to be enchanted as the director brings us to the realm of James' and the boys' fantasies. He created a wonderful and enchanted world for the boys; who lost their father...and James Barrie; who is trying to write a new play that will break all bounds of imagination. Okay, I am exaggerating. But the point is: YOU MUST WATCH THIS MOVIE~ yeah it's an old movie...but, still...it's amazing~

The star of this movie, surely, is Johnny Depp~ he is one of my two favourite actors [the other is Tom Hanks] he is such a gifted actor...honestly~ he played Captain Jack Sparrow, Edward Scissorhands, Ichabod Crane...and now he is James Barrie; the father of Peter Pan.

The main message of the story is to believe: As the boys believed in James and their belief in a place called 'Neverland'. If we really believe in something, it will become our reality. It does not really matter what others think, what others want and their opinions. As long as you find happiness and can cope with all your sorrows through what you believe...everything will be fine~
I can't promise you a happy ending...but it's inspirational, nonetheless. Especially, the way these people handle all the talks and what everyone say about them. Somehow, they find strength through tragedy. But I find James' own dilemma when his wife feels neglected when he is too immersed with finding inspiration and ideas very interesting; especially his own way of handling it; a childish way, somehow. I guess there is a child in everyone of us and let your imagination take you to where you want to be~

^[finding neverland]^

^[my disappointment...not as good as I expected it to be *sigh*]^

**to watch our Raya pics, click here**

Comments

Popular Posts