*~EGYPT~*
^[presenting: Arab Republic of Egypt!]^
sO~ we'll start with the capital and that is Cairo!! There are a lot of interesting places to visit in Cairo, from bazaars to shopping malls and from Islamic monuments to Christian churches~ I'll just put here the places that we [Egyptian students as the travel guides] normally take our visitors to...
*The Citadel [qal'ah Salahuddin al-Ayubi]*![]()
^[the outside view; from the road that leads to it. Of course, you have to pay to get in here but normally you can get cheaper price by showing a student card. Not a prob, there is about 6,000 Msian students here so there is bound to be a few hundred valid student cards...hehe.]^
![]()
^[Mohd Ali mosque: this mosque is closed for praying and has become a tourist spot; anyone get in the praying hall ad they like. It is located in the citadel itself. The interior is really really a work of art. Of course, you are free to perform the prayers in here. But, officially, there is no jamaah prayer in here...from what I heard, there were political reasons behind it~]^
.jpg)
^[The Mosque of al-Nasir Muhammad; this is one of the unique mosque located inside the citadel]^
^[Sulayman Pasha Mosque: this mosque is located at the far end of the citadel]^
^[the military museum in the citadel]^
After all this, I am sure you have got enough of the citadeL~ hehe...it's quite tiring actually touring around this vast place. Next, we will move on to...
^[el-Hussein mosque: here is the maqam for Saidina Hussein, the grandson of the prophet Muhammad SAW. At this place is the most famous bazaar Hussein or known as Khan el-Khalili (at least, I think it is the same place)...here is where you can get minatures and stuff like that. It is cheaper here compared to those sellers around the pyramids. So one advice here: NEVER buy anything from those guys at the pyramids because all those stuff you can get them here with such a cheaper price! But of course, you need to converse well in Arabic because they take really great advantage from tourists tsk tsk]^
^[one of the views of this 'souq'...warning: Egypt is really really photogenic. I've said it]^
^[you will have to come here to experience this type of crowdness...honestly~]^
They say save the best bit for last, right? So here it is~~~~~~ the great pyramids of Giza & their most famous guardian: the sphinx!!!!!
^[the 3 pyramids: the big one is called Kufu and I can't remember the other names~ hehe...but if I have to bring anyone 'jalan-jalan' then I will definitely memorise everything there is to be memorised]^
^[the sphinx in Cairo guarding the 3 great pyramids]^
Ok, I'll try to write some more next time...this is really tiring. Maybe the next post will be pictures of us touring around Cairo last year~ hehe...
to kak Syifa: I was just joking about the 'husband' thing. Come here anytime and bring the whole family~ I heard that Emirates & Qatar are giving great offers.
to kak Nad: do coMe~~~ I'll make sure I will take you to my home!! hehe...insya Allah~
to Jat, Kamen, Mando, Ida & all Jordanians: Sume dijemput ke Mesir...walau byk habuk tp bez ok!!
to En Hata: jemput dtg lg skali jalan2 Luxor & Aswan pstu naik boat~~~
Comments